Follow The Republic:
• Columbus and Cummins for sponsoring an awesome marathon, from a 5K participant.
• Cummins, MainSource Bank, Columbus Regional Hospital and volunteers for the wonderful community event, from the Voelz family.
• Suzi B. and her block party team for the great job keeping the runners running at CSA Lincoln.
• Northside cross-country team for working the marathon water stop at Mile 25 after running the 5K race and for supporting your coaches who were running the marathon.
• Emily Kim and Macy Wingham for your awesome performance in the half Mill Race Marathon.
• Mill Race Marathon for a wonderful, near perfect job, from Alice Purtlebaugh.
• all those who put on the first Mill Race Marathon and the citizens of Columbus who cheered us on, from Mike Ferree.
• Shawn Brown for completing the full marathon, from Mom.
• the Bartholomew County Bears’ Junior B team players, cheerleaders, coaches and parents for a great season.
• our cousins for letting us watch the Hope Heritage Day parade from the front of your house.
• Marquita Tuck for another great haircut with style, from Carmen.
• Columbus East Olympians Marching Band on your awesome performance Saturday in Greenwood.
• everyone who came to my birthday party at The Commons, from Zaeleigh and parents.
• Beth Turner for being one in a million and making sure my son was safe until I could get to him, from Jason and Dawn Cook.
• Kevin at the Clarion Hotel on 46 West for buying our breakfast Sunday morning, from Dan and Athena.
• Donna Hill and Lecia Clark, Patty Campbell for the beautiful singing Sunday at Old Union Church.
• residents on Jackson Street in Hope for their kindness shown to our father after he fell, from the family.
• the wonderful, caring people who came out in the rain on Sunday for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s.
• Cheryl Calhoun for the precious memories, from Alice Burns.
• Richard Keller and Wendy Hill for the mums, from the May family.
• Onions to…
• shutting down all the streets for the marathon, making it hard for people to get out of their neighborhoods.
• those who think everyone supports the marathon.
• the city for not notifying homeowners affected by route of the marathon.
• the dangerously disorganized Kids Fun Run.
• drivers giving the race volunteers a bad time even though the road closures had been known for weeks.
• the city for not knowing how to prepare for a big event.
• blocking traffic.
• shutting down U.S. 31 on a Saturday morning.
• The Republic for way too much coverage of the marathon.
• people of Columbus who don’t appreciate all the hard work that went into the Mill Race Marathon and just complain about it closing roads.
• endangering and paralyzing the whole town for a foot race.
• those who made it impossible for people to get to work on time Saturday morning because of the marathon.
• local paper for not having any real news in Sunday’s paper.
• the newspaper that takes up every page about the Marathon.
• not having security at The Commons’ entrances to keep alcohol out at the after party.
• those who don’t understand that our radio stations have contractual obligations to cover Colts games.
• the tea party for its narrow-minded, selfish vision.
• the balloon maker downtown for being so rude.
• the drivers on Carr Hill Road who don’t realize that the posted speed limit is 30 not 50.
• printing the newspaper in pink which makes it very difficult to read.
• people who visit buffets while sick and don’t wash their hands after coughing into them.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.