Follow The Republic:
• Denise, Mike and staff at Mulligan Grille for the wonderful food and hospitality shown to us at our parents’ 50th wedding anniversary celebration and to Mike for cooking chicken fingers to add to our buffet after seeing all the children.
• the person who turned in my wallet at Marsh last week, from a grateful, absent-minded shopper.
• the Columbus East Olympian Marching Band for a terrific job this weekend and placing gold once again. Good luck at Mason, Ohio.
• Lisa Deaton for speaking up.
• Katie King for the great third birthday party for her niece Caydence King, from great-grandma King.
• Joe Harpring on his retirement from The Republic. We will miss your beautiful photos, from Keepsake Village.
• John Vanderbur and William Scarbrough for their letters to the editor, from Jenny.
• Emma Rose Lawson for an awesome report card, from Ma.
• Ethan Smith for being the No. 1 scorer and having an amazing senior year with Columbus North soccer, from his family and all his supporters.
• Kroger on National Road for their support of the Wounded Warrior fall deer hunt at Camp Atterbury this past weekend, from a grateful USO volunteer.
• Onions to…
• the driver of the red pickup truck for speeding through the grocery store parking lot, putting drivers and pedestrians at risk.
• whoever is running heavy equipment all night in southwest Bartholomew County.
• teachers who schedule tests for the day kids get back from Washington, D.C.
• the radio stations for broadcasting football games on the FM stations when they should be on the AM stations.
• whoever was responsible for the lost little tan dog in Flintwood addition.
• people who disregard stop signs.
• people in housing additions who use their front porch for storage.
• whoever is responsible for leaving the lights on all night at Lincoln Park.
• the real “he-man” who stole the metal butterfly from the senior citizen’s front porch.
• the price of gas in Columbus when gas is $2.83 in Seymour.
• school administrators for putting pressure on seniors to do pointless senior projects.
• The Republic for the coverage of the Hauser sectional game on Saturday and that the team won sectional four times in a row.
• letter writers who seem to believe that socialism is “the reasonable way to go” when it comes to paying for health care.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.