Follow The Republic:
• the East ladies volleyball team for a great season and an excellent postseason run.
• Jean Ann and the beautiful lady from Kenya for being so nice and so helpful, from Janet.
• the staff of Columbus Pediatric Dentistry and Dr. Pavlov for turning a stressful situation into a truly wonderful experience, especially when you didn’t have to, from the Shoemakers.
• Cummins Fuel Systems plant for acknowledging the veterans and paying tribute to them, from Steve.
• those at the East/Shelbyville football game who donated money to Shelbyville player Nigel Schonfeld, who is in ICU at Riley Hospital for Children with several severe health problems.
• Jim Cook on your promotion, from the warehouse associates.
• Brian Blair and The Republic for the terrific tribute to the life of Blake Hanger.
• Mr. Laine at Schmitt Elementary for the patriotic Veterans Day program, from B. McCloskey.
• Brady, third grade at Rockcreek and Cub Scout 509, for finding and returning my lost library book, from Ben Goins, fourth grade at Rockcreek.
• Keith Prior Sr. on your first Veterans Day serving in the Armed Forces, from Dennis, Stacy, Kendall, Curt and Mom.
• Diana on Seneca Court who found my dog and kept her safe, from Eva Snyder.
• the gentlemen who paid for all the veterans’ dinners at Skooter’s Monday night, from J.J. Johnson.
• Mckayla Merino for making the gold honor roll, from all the family.
• Superior Dry Wall for another wonderful job well done, from a grateful customer.
• Grant, Preston, Makayla, Connor and Caidan for all the hard work and great grades, from Memaw,and Peepaw Hensley.
• Sabrina and Lynika at eastside Walmart photo lab for finding a great photo of my late Uncle Arnold and making copies for me, from Lisa.
• Noble Southern for being a much better Christian than I am, from Candace McFadden.
• the angel with the blanket at the wreck on State Road 7 and Legal Tender Road, from Susan Woods.
• Steven DeDomenic for making the honor roll, from Grandpa Bob.
• the nice man Mike who came on his lunchtime to see about the leak in my guttering.
• all CRH birthing center staff for the TLC given to our Levi.
• Southside Elementary for the great Veterans Day program and the great job by the choir, from Roland Brandyke.
• Mayor Brown for rising above politics and serving the community, from Martha Risk.
• Pat Robinholt for all you do for us, from the Columbus Corvette girls bingo.
• Onions to…
• drivers who cannot tell the difference between left-turn-only and straight-through-only lanes, coming close to sideswiping the car in the correct lane.
• city authorities for approving yet another bar in downtown Columbus.
• courts that judge in favor of the criminals.
• taking out parking meters to bring shoppers downtown and now wanting to put meters back in to bring shoppers.
• the oppressive and dangerous prevaricators comprising the executive branch of the federal government.
• the local company that does not honor veterans.
• law enforcement for not attempting to stop two cars on County Road 200S that ran through a school bus stop arm by Southside School.
• all the stores opening on Thanksgiving Day.
• the person who picked up the cellphone on Tuesday afternoon and did not turn it in.
• those who do not realize there are places to shop and eat besides downtown Columbus.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.