Follow The Republic:
• Debbie and Doug for helping me start my truck,
• from Claire.
• The Republic and Mary Ellen Anable for mentioning my daughter and the fundraiser we have organized for the people of the Philippines, from Lisa King.
• those good Duke Energy men that worked late into the night cutting trees and pulling wire in the alley off 25th street between Washington and
• Franklin streets.
• Brenda Ross on your letter about animal abuse, which I wanted to write but didn’t have the courage to, from one animal lover to another.
• Candy Spiker for the beautiful, touching and heartfelt vocal in church this past Sunday, from the Benjamins.
• Rick Scalf, Tom Lane and William Scarbrough for their excellent recent letters to The Republic, from Gary Hallum
• Kevin Lair for the thoughtful letter about Columbus, from
• Mike Hatten.
• the Columbus Bar owners/staff for hosting another round of Theology on Tap for St. Bartholomew Young Adult Ministry this past fall, from
• St. Bartholomew Young Adult Ministry.
• the cashier at Taylorsville McDonald’s for comping my son’s Happy Meal when I realized I had forgotten my wallet.
• all our friends and family who helped make our move go so smoothly, from Jason, Kristen, Lauren and Lillian.
• Eastern Bartholomew Water, Natalie and Jane for great customer service, from Kim.
• Tim Jordan for quitting smoking, from Mom.
• the staff, especially the kitchen, for the wonderful Thanksgiving dinner last Friday, from residents of Keepsake Village.
• John Krull for his column, from a appreciative reader.
• the staff on 5 Tower at Columbus Regional Hospital for taking such good care of my husband Ralph, from Gloria Martin.
• Brenda Ross for her letter to the editor about the dog, from a dog lover.
• Love Chapel for all the help you give.
• Doug Southern and crew for the wonderful job on the new roof and cleanup, from an east side customer.
• Bethany Brooks, Elizabeth and Linda for being kind caring and wonderful people and for the fireplace wood they brought us, from Lloyd and Mary.
• all the people who do not shop on Thanksgiving Day, from all your retail associates.
• Betsy Downey, Jon Dillman, medics who came to the funeral home and staff at Jewell-Rittman for their kindness, from Sam Ogilvie.
• Harry McCawley for the tribute to Gerta Antle, from Evelyn Jewell.
• Tom Lane for his letter to the editor, from a reader who wholeheartedly agrees.
• Onions to…
• drivers who forget that pedestrians have the right of way.
• price of gas in Columbus when Seymour is $2.89 a gallon.
• driver of the white Jeep with the red and blue stripes who tried to go out of his way to hit a black-and-white cat with a collar on Monday.
• the receptionist at the front desk with earbuds in both ears when the office is open.
• churchgoers who hang out in bars and drink.
• people who physically mistreat their dogs while claiming to be training them.
• Black Friday shopping on Thanksgiving Day.
• the city for not having a bike lane or walking area on Rocky Ford east of Taylor Road.
• The Republic for all the corrections that were published in the Tuesday paper.
• the city for not removing all the dead trees in the median on Caldwell Place causing a mess for homeowners to clean up after the Sunday storms.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.