Follow The Republic:
• Matt Callaway for his sensible letter to the editor, from Gary Hallum.
• all the volunteers for all your hard work during our luminaria event, from the staff at Garland Brook Cemetery.
• YES Cinema for showing the movie “To Kill a Mockingbird.”
• Big Ed Stone for buying my sandwich at Subway, from a grateful cashier.
• Elliott Welmer and the Bull Dogs to have a successful season, from ex-CHS players, Bob, Steve, Gary, Dave and cheerleader Susan Welmer.
• Tim and Amanda Glick and daughters for hosting a wonderful Thanksgiving meal for the family, from Grandma Dorothy.
• Chuck and Stormy Butler for the Thanksgiving dinner, from Don, Judy and Donnie.
• Roy Burton for calling that you found my lost ATM card, from Bob Perry.
• the female shopper and general manager at Marsh for helping the lady with the nose bleed, Dr. Kevin and staff at the ER, and my neighbor, Linda Poole and friend Kevin, from Joan Sprague.
• Onions to…
• the doctor’s office that doesn’t return calls.
• the extremely rude people who wouldn’t keep quiet during the Friday evening movie.
• neighbors who have several cars and don’t leave room for anyone else to park.
• the driver of the black Chevrolet Cavalier for driving the wrong way on the Robert N. Stewart Bridge on Sunday morning, endangering the lives of all those driving the correct direction.
• parents who don’t remove children from the movie theater when they repeatedly scream that they want to leave, and get angry when someone complains.
• The Republic for expansive coverage of East football when North goes to state in a sport every year.
• the sad decision to sell Mrs. Miller’s Nativities from all over the world that would have been a wonderful display at City Hall.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.