Follow The Republic:
Snow removal orchids…
• Jay, Joey and Shawn on 26th Street, from Judy.
• Archie Spangler, from Dan A. Hillin.
• Karen Zook and an unknown good Samaritan, from Betty Clayton.
• Melvin Lykins and Adam Freyn, from Martha and Bill Gordon.
• Rick and Mike, from Sam Ogilvie.
• Jeff, Jerry, Don P. and Don B., from the Bautes.
• Orchids to…
• Comcast repairman Dustin for quick and professional service Sunday morning, from the customers on Caldwell Place.
• Shirley in the utility office and Hope Police Department for answering a new homeowner’s questions about parking ordinances and rules in Hope.
• Julia, Jennifer, Kelly, Mary and 5T nurses at CRH for the tasty luncheon and gifts, from the 5T volunteers.
• the lady that found my debit card at Sam’s Club, called me and made a special trip to return it to me, from Cheryl Staley.
• The Republic carrier on Caldwell Place for always putting our paper on the porch.
• Worship Minister Dan Wallace of Columbus First Christian Church and everyone else involved in the marvelous, inspirational Christmas program Sunday evening, from an appreciative attendee.
• the employee at the city garage for handling my irate phone call and the driver of the trash truck who returned to pick up my trash after he did not stop the first time.
• the person in front of me at Steak ‘n Shake on Sunday that paid for my meal, from the driver of the silver Sebring.
• Tom and Kathy Bryant for delivering my paper to the door, from Bea Badger.
• my Taylorsville newspaper carrier who was out in the ice and snow and still put the paper on my porch, from Sally Paulin.
• Christy Ayres at westside Walmart for her thoughtfulness and helpfulness, from Angels of Love.
• Republic carrier Andrea Ebenkamp for doing a wonderful job.
• the newspaper carrier who always throws the paper on the driveway in President’s Park North.
• the person who turned in my lost check and paperwork at Menard’s, from Bob Dicken.
• Robin Gassway for a beautiful dinner on Saturday.
• Larry Simpson, Aleesa Dickerson, Debbie Smith and officers of Hauser FFA for selling homemade cookies to provide a meal and gifts for a local family at Christmas, from Elsie Hege.
• Onions to…
• cancellation of Festival of Lights parade with no refund or rescheduling.
• smokers who smoke outside medical facilities, risking the health of other folks.
• the city for the appalling condition of the side streets away from the downtown area.
• people who allow a job title to go to their heads.
• the apartment complex for not cleaning the sidewalks of ice and snow.
• school officials for waiting until after 6 a.m. to close the schools.
• whoever is in charge of cleaning the streets in a local subdivision.
• those attending a midtown church for parking in the street, making it difficult for motorists to get around them on the snow-covered street.
• the person cutting donuts at the Par 3 golf course practice area and tearing up the grass.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.