Follow The Republic:
• the man who returned my wallet on Christmas Eve at CVS, from Jerri.
• all of our volunteers, bell ringers and staff for a great Angel Tree distribution and Red Kettle season, and to the community for their support as well, from Lts. Alan and Jodi Sladek.
• Mildred Elkins for the plate of goodies that you bring us every year, from Antony Smith and family.
• Dave at Johnny on the Spot for coming to the rescue on Christmas Eve when a family got flooded out of their apartment, from Briarwood Apartments.
• to the person Monday in a new silver Ford Fusion who paid for my breakfast sandwich at McDonald’s, from the lady in the silver PT Cruiser behind you.
• Dr. David Lamb, organist from First United Methodist Church, for the magnificent music program Christmas Eve at Four Seasons Chapel, from Peg and other grateful and uplifted residents.
• Makayla Hensley for the wonderful solo Christmas song she sang on Christmas Day at Grandma and Grandpa Hensley’s house, from Uncle Jeff and Aunt Teresa.
• Allison at The Cork for being flexible and willing to work with me regarding my work schedule and availability, from Jack.
• Dennis McCarty for his spotlight letter to the editor.
• the Kroger manager for getting my phone juiced up, from a happy customer.
• the mail carriers and newspaper carriers on West Lowell Road for good service, from all the neighbors on West Lowell Road.
• The Republic for wishing their readers a “Merry Christmas” on Christmas Eve.
• Kelly Stephens at Southside Elementary School for your help with our clothing project, from Nancy Jo Reed.
• Kenton McInteer for living the spirit of Christmas every day of his life, from a grateful Columbus resident.
• Hobby Lobby for the one-page advertisement on the birth of Christ, from a Republic subscriber.
• St. Peter’s Christmas dinner and fellowship, from a pair of empty-nesters.
• the deputy sheriff who came by and opened my sister’s car door on Christmas night, from Michael Chadwick.
• Mackenzie Barnett for doing a wonderful job on Christmas Eve, from a church member
• Onions to…
• the boards of directors who do not understand their role in directing an agency.
• the parents who dump their kids off on others.
• those who don’t realize some restaurants can’t hire certain age people as servers because they serve alcohol.
• doing nothing about flood prevention except for putting expensive yardsticks in Haw Creek to tell us the water level.
• people who cough without covering their mouths.
• not having turn arrows on the traffic signals on Marr, McClure and Gladstone at 10th Street.
• The Republic for not knowing who our local state senator is.
• contractors who give Christmas bonuses only to some employees.
• the writer who obviously favors Columbus North.
• the rude person who answered the phone at The Republic on Monday.
• greedy businesses that were open on Christmas Day.
• the not-so-good Christmas Eve program.
• the government for making citizens who pay taxes beg for heating assistance while sending billions to countries who do not support the United States.
• doctors who discriminate against Medicaid patients by not accepting them as patients.
• gas in Columbus being more expensive than Indianapolis and Carmel.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.