Follow The Republic:
Snow Orchids to…
• Gene Akemon, from David Smith and family.
• Jason Renner and Tom George, from Jimmie and Reba McGaha.
• whoever plowed our driveway, from the Wakefields.
• Orchids to…
• Richards Raiders cheerleaders for cheering us on during the holiday tournament, from the Richards Raiders girls basketball team.
• Nurse Practitioner Lindsay Johnson-Cool for the professionalism and empathy when she treated me in the emergency room Jan.1, and to all the nurses, respiratory therapists and others who took care of me during my stay on 3T at Columbus Regional Hospital, from Paula Jarrett.
• the ER staff at Columbus Regional Hospital for taking excellent care of Blake on Saturday, from the Bozells.
• sanitation workers of Columbus for working Monday morning in the cold weather and freeing all the frozen trash cans in the neighborhood, from the Pedigo family.
• the newspaper and mail carriers for making deliveries in spite of frigid weather and snow.
• Sally Van Dyk for her letter to the editor.
• Mayor Brown for always doing the right thing, from a group of satisfied citizens.
• the person that found my Kindle Fire in the JayC parking lot and turned it in.
• Ben Wagner for his exemplary record as head of the Parks Department.
• June Sorrell for sharing her great photography work with us, from the New Year’s Eve gang.
• the nice couple with the dog by Anderson Falls who helped a couple out of a slippery situation Sunday.
• the cashier at Aldi’s who in spite of the Saturday afternoon rush called me back to return a $5 overpayment, from a grateful customer.
• taxi driver Mike for his kindness and care during the winter storm, from a grateful mom.
• Onions to…
• the lady working at a local fast-food restaurant drive-thru window for being rude and not speaking back when she was spoken to.
• road crews for consistently knocking down mailboxes that match U.S.
• Postal Service guidelines.
• turmoil among our elected city officials who we expected to lead our city with integrity and respect.
• anybody who owns animals and does not provide shelter from the extreme cold.
• the post office for having carriers out delivering mail in below-zero weather.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.