Follow The Republic:
• The Republic for its extensive reporting of the facts and issues surrounding the clashes in city government.
• Columbus Park Department for keeping the People Trails cleaned of snow and ice.
• Benjamin Podiatry for your superb service, from the Buchanans.
• the school corporation for not accepting the makeup day waiver.
• Grider’s Garage Service for coming out on the coldest day in years to fix our door and for doing a great job.
• all the snow-removal folks and all the other emergency workers who must be exhausted by now and still keep right on working.
• Lynn at our Columbus UPS location for going above and beyond to get my package on time, especially when the shipper told me there was nothing they could do.
• the man in the white van in the Taco Bell drive-thru on State Road 46 Thursday night at 10:45 for paying for my food, from the woman behind him.
• the Columbus North girls basketball team for being invited to national showcase events and representing their school and our community so well.
• Ben Wagner for remaining poised amid uncertainty.
• Carol Thomas for the strawberry pie, from Robin.
• Bartholomew Consolidated School Corporation for acknowledging that a child’s education is more important than a waiver.
• Ron and Cheryl, Republic carriers in the Hartsville area, for always putting my paper on the porch.
• Mary at Kroger for being so honest and bringing me my change, from Nancy.
• AT&T lineman Bill for repairing our landline phone last Monday in the worst of conditions, from Phyllis and David Apple.
• the good person who cleaned our driveway, from the Mitchells.
• Onions to…
• the pharmacy clinic staff who refused to assist a patient with very high blood sugar, because they were going to lunch.
• those who don’t realize that mailboxes are property of the federal government and damaging them is not a good thing.
• the apartment manager for not putting down any salt for tenants.
• the restaurant employee for flirting with another employee rather than paying attention to a paying customer’s order.
• the inconsiderate minister who is consistently unavailable to parishioners and staff.
• city officials for going one step forward and two steps back.
• parents who don’t put coats and hats on toddlers.
• those who do not understand the basic idea of a lease contract.
• the mall with more stores closed than open.
• whoever is responsible for setting the traffic lights at 25th Street and National Road.
• the rude pharmacist who won’t fill prescriptions.
• inexperienced city officials who are tearing up Columbus.
• movie theaters for not listing the schedules in the local papers
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.