Follow The Republic:
• Dana and Tyler Stickans for bringing me the tasty sausage from Bush’s Market, from Mom.
• Kristen Brown for driving financial accountability throughout our city government.
• Doug and Matt on your retirement from the Fire Department and your service throughout the years, from
• Vicki Amos.
• Robin and Rachel Lapidus and Neat Treats Ice Cream Truck for your kindness and the surprise ice cream delivery, from the
• Frisbie family.
• former Parks Director Ben Wagner and former City Engineer David Hayward for their outstanding leadership on the People Trail Project, from a
• grateful citizen.
• the maintenance/environmental team at Four Seasons Retirement and Health Care for their hard work and dedication in correcting the problems created by the recent subzero weather conditions, from one of many grateful residents.
• the young man at Tire Barn that promptly put air in my spare tire and tightened it, from a grateful future customer.
• TransCare and Kindred for going above and beyond for our loved one.
• The Republic for the Sunday editorial explaining who is truly responsible for the rent-collection fiasco at The Commons, from
• a taxpayer.
• the staff on 4 Tower and 6 Tower at Columbus Regional Hospital and respiratory therapists for the compassion and care shown to my mother, Joan Holhauzen, from Shirley Bozell.
• the city garage for quick response to pick up downed
• limbs and keeping Parkside looking good.
• Onions to…
• those who complain about the snow removal in the city.
• the flower shop for putting the wrong color flowers in a funeral arrangement I ordered for a relative.
• the computer store that’s been closed since Dec. 28, holding our computers hostage.
• health educators who blame victims of sexual assault for not setting strong enough boundaries.
• state legislators for putting all their energy into their social agenda and dropping the ball on protecting our economy.
• City Council for overstepping once again and not allowing the mayor to do what she was elected to do.
• the manager for charging a personal vehicle at the residents’ expense.
• the organization that treats older employees poorly.
• those who forget that no one wanted to be in the old Commons Mall.
• those who take crying babies to church and disturb the entire congregation.
• whoever hit my parked truck while I was doing the school crossing at Parkside and Arlington last Friday afternoon.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.