Follow The Republic:
• Don and Janet McDonald for your hospitality and warmth when our power went out last week, from Jack and Rhonda.
• Douglas Robertson for being the best son parents could ever have and for fixing a pipe, from Mom and Dad.
• Columbus City Council and the Parks Board for having the backbone to stand up for a respected professional.
• Phyllis Smith for brightening our Christmas, from Sandy and Sue.
• Mattresses & More of Columbus for promptly finding an overcharge and refunding the customer, from the Chandlers.
• the nice neighbors on Meadowlark Lane who brought me a package delivered to them by mistake.
• the ladies and gentlemen who helped me in the parking lot at Petco when I fell trying to get my dog into the car, from Georgianna Waldrop.
• Dennis Baute, Don and Susan Fye, Louise Hillery, Karen Arnold, Sharon Downs, Emmalee Welch and the Schroeders for all the help after my bike accident, from Selma Durham.
• Rich, Tom and Justin Stout for being great pharmacists at the Edinburgh CVS, from Brenda Cooper.
• Onions to…
• businesses that try to create the false reality that only the best employees are gay.
• the cable company for terrible service on Tuesday.
• the city for pushing subsidized housing construction when small-business landlords/taxpayers already have far too many vacant properties.
• anyone who wants to deny same-sex couples their civil rights.
• school crossing guards who park their vehicles in the way.
• cab drivers who smoke in their cars when they are supposed to be taking ill people places.
• whoever took the winter coat from the church rack.
• people who believe winning an award is more important than how you win it.
• the TV channel that did not televise the governor’s State of the State address.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.