Follow The Republic:
Snow Orchids to…
• Kenny McKain, from the Williamson’s.
• Dave Weddle, from Lawrence Tiemeyer.
• James Yrineo, from Lee Trapp.
• Tyson Hall, from Joe on Laramie Trail.
• Orchids to…
• those of my customers in the Sandy Hook and Hiker Trace neighborhoods who cleared a path to walk in on the snow, from your letter carrier Mike Imlay.
• Rick and Lisa Hill for always being here and being the best parents a girl could ask for, from your baby.
• the lady who stopped to make sure I got back safely to my driveway after getting my mail.
• the First Christian Church ladies for the hot chocolate, from the crossing guards.
• Mayor Brown for continuing to dismantle the “good ol’ boy” politics in this town.
• the wonderful volunteers at the food pantries for getting out in the bad weather to serve our community.
• Capri Yrineo for the great dinner, from Lee and Joan Trapp.
• Chris Lanning of Lanning Automotive for fixing my windshield-wiper reservoir problem at no charge.
• Riley Hospital for Children in Indianapolis for closing its McDonald’s restaurant.
• City Council for standing up in support of Mr. Wagner.
• Tamara Kiel for her brilliantly written letter to the editor.
• Greg Burton for taking the day off work and the time out of your schedule to help us out, from Ashley and George.
• Julie Quesenberry, school-police resource officer, for the replacement bright-orange safety vests, from the traffic control staff at Richards Elementary.
• City Council for trying to maintain a professional human resources process for the change in leadership at the parks department, from a concerned citizen.
• Tim Barr for the quick response and great service, from Diana Davidson.
• Marty Cox for being the best friend ever, from David and Melinda Taylor.
• Chad Phillips, principal at Columbus Signature Academy — Lincoln, teachers and staff for the way they handle dismissal of the car-rider students during the inclement weather, from grateful great-grandparents.
• The Republic carrier for delivering our papers to our door on Saddle Drive, from the Angles.
• my friends in the trailer park and grandson Chad Vandiver for helping me in this cold and snowy weather, from Betty Roll.
• Kevin in Target pharmacy for helping my sister get her prescrip-tions filled when she was so sick.
• Onions to…
• landlords who let their tenants keep old furniture in their front yards.
• the traffic signal that doesn’t have a left-turn arrow at Central Avenue and Eighth Street.
• the City Council for overstepping their bounds and giving their buddy a raise.
• the driver of the BMW at the gas station on Thursday for pulling into my spot and very rudely looking at me while his family laughed.
• residents with mailboxes too close to the road.
• the newspaper for moving the comics and crossword page all over the paper.
• those who don’t think we should have a law to fire the city council.
• the person who takes the Orchids and Onions for being too selective and not doing the job.
• all the stores closing in the mall, leaving shoppers nowhere to shop in Columbus.
• politicians who do not have the decency to resign.
• the delivery service that left packages at my door that obviously were never used in this cold weather.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.