Follow The Republic:
Snow Removal Orchids ...
• the wonderful person on Foxridge Drive on Saturday morning, from the Pittmans.
• Dave, Tony and Joe at Hope Utilities Department, from a Hope resident.
• the kind mystery person, from JK on Kennesaw Trail.
• John Schoonover.
• Ben and Nicholas Wagner, from the Sheltons.
• Butch Hull, from your neighbor.
• Jason King, from Jim and
• Pat Richards.
• the maintenance staff at Four Season Retirement Center, from grateful residents.
• Eric and Jacob Hendricks. from the Baldwins.
• Jim Whitaker, from Jay and Vivian Baldwin.
• the man working on Sunday in Lowell Addition, from a resident.
• Orchids to…
• City Council for their excellent service to our community and rational decision-making process in recent weeks.
• Patty Simmermeyer for fixing my garage door, from
• Betty Burton.
• Steve Hood, facilities manager at Mill Race Center, for being so accommodating and making everyone feel so welcome on Saturday, from Pace for the Race.
• T. A. Smith, DeWayne Janes, Julie Barriger, Larry Durnill, Ed Davis, Ronnie Shadley, the officers and members of the American Legion and SAL for collecting wreaths in Garland Brook Cemetery Saturday in the nasty weather, from Ron Shadley and the SAL officers.
• to all those who assisted us digging our car out of the snowbank in Northbrook Sunday, from the Lazzells.
• the great team at REMC who spent three hours Saturday in the wind and cold to turn the electricity back on at my house, from Jill Forster.
• County Highway for doing a fabulous job keeping roads clear in the adverse conditions, from Carolyn.
• all the excellent mail and newspaper deliveries during extreme weather at
• Grandview Lake.
• the kind and thoughtful person who found my key chain and returned it to the Kroger customer service desk, from John “Mac” McCreary.
• Onions to…
• City Council for putting “good ole boy” relationships ahead of what’s right for the city’s budget.
• City Council for not doing what they were elected to do.
• for dividing Columbus into two cities, “Downtown Columbus” and “the rest of Columbus”.
• gas stations in Columbus for charging more when gas is $2.89 per gallon in Franklin.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.