Follow The Republic:
Snow Removal Orchids…
• Todd Gant, from Marilyn and Greg.
• the unknown person on Sherwood Lane, from Bob.
• Dave Spangler, from Jo, Carl and Nancy.
• Larry Duncan, from Wally and Sandy.
• Tim and Kelley Waggoner, from Mom and Dad Fleetwood.
• Jim Whitaker, from Jay and Vivian.
• the snow angel on Jackson Street in Hope.
• Kent Jackson, from Scott and Yvonne.
• Darrell Kendrick, from the neighbor.
• Jack Snyder, from the Prestons.
• Orchids to…
• the two gentlemen who carried my groceries into my apartment at Four Seasons on Friday afternoon.
• Kristen Brown for the great work she has been doing for our city as mayor, from Phil Swaim.
• our runners on Monday, from the girls in the circulation department of The Republic.
• the kind and honest person who found and turned in my purse Sunday at Walmart on the east side, from E.A. Marshall.
• the Trimpes and the Runges for all you did for me this weekend, from Mom.
• canine Kush Stevens for the great performance in the America’s Got Talent Sunday auditions, from Ann, Kevin and fans.
• the scout leaders of Troop 585 at Southwest Fire Department and all volunteers who ran great cars in this year’s Pinewood Derby, and Korbyn Loesch for advancing on to race his car at FairOaks this Saturday, from a Scout supporter.
• Cheyenne Hall for making the silver honor roll, from Mamaw and Papaw Hall.
• Jenna Dunaway for making the honor roll, from Mamaw and Papaw Dunaway.
• Steve Rohfling for taking our trash to the curb and back each week when my husband was ill, from Pam and Lester Moorman.
• Jake Baker for making the gold honor roll at CSA-Lincoln.
• Brigid Jarnagin for being a great neighbor to everyone on Aspen Lane, from Randy and Peggy.
• Andrew Larson for suggestions on improving test scores, from Dody Harvey.
• staff at Parkside Court, especially Pat and Annette for all your help with my move, from a brand new resident.
• First Christian Church for bringing hot chocolate to the crossing guards at Richards Elementary School.
• Onions to…
• city officials for not disclosing if other businesses have been paying their lease at The Commons.
• city officials and city council for preferring the confrontational style of Washington rather than sensible and productive collaboration.
• basing decisions on closing school on forecasts that are never as bad as predicted.
• whoever stole the new snow shovel off my porch on 15th Street.
• The Republic for not publishing state and national political filings.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.