Follow The Republic:
Snow Removal Orchids to…
• Brian Gilmore, from grateful neighbors.
• Jon, Lora, Delaney Coles and Dan Marsh, from Dwight and Carol Hayes.
• Ginny Scheller, from Al.
• Orchids to…
• Lori Smith at Destinations Travel for saving our vacation by helping us navigate around the winter storm, from Chuck and Suzanne Wells.
• Judy and other staff at Columbus East High School for tracking me down through old yearbooks and school records in order to return my class ring that had been lost for 24 years, from Travis Ames.
• Phil Swaim for the well-written letter to the editor supporting the mayor.
• the staff at TSL tax office for taking great care of me when I experienced low blood sugar Monday at their office, from Kay.
• Carla, Shannon and Dr. David Wilson of the Lung Institute for all your help, care and compassion in caring for my husband, from Paula Jarrett.
• Jeff at Baker’s Fine Gifts for helping me find the perfect Valentine gift, from a formerly perplexed customer.
• Thornton’s in Edinburgh for having the best priced gas from here to Indy on Tuesday, from a U.S. 31 and I-65 driver.
• whoever delivers the paper on County Road 675 North in North Vernon for never missing a day during all the snow and ice and bitterly cold temperatures this winter.
• the two lovely ladies who stopped on County Road 700 South last Saturday to help an old man back to his car after an icy fall, from Denny Cottongim.
• Kyle Roth for making the dean’s list at Bethel University, from Grandma and Grandpa Hudson.
• Eunice Lowe from Westport who came with her granddaughter and shovels for chipping the 2-inch ice out of my driveway so I could get out, from Clara Thompson.
• the young man at ALDI who paid for my food when I had insufficient funds.
• the hardworking county highway department for putting sand on our icy street within just a few hours after we called.
• Hope Baptist for your thoughtfulness on Monday, from Nancy.
• Ricky Foster for the generous gift, from Noble Southern.
• the good Samaritans who pushed my van out when I got stuck on Parkside Drive, from a grateful lady.
• Jenny Schafer for the great job cleaning the inside entry of the lodge, from Columbus Moose Lodge.
• Nancy Warren for her great letter, from Sheila.
• Dr. Brock Wagner and staff at Best Friends Animal Care for compassionate care for Archie, from the Carvins.
• Onions to…
• lazy drivers who won’t clean the snow and ice off their cars before they jump onto U.S. 31 or I-65, and it all flies back on my car.
• The Republic and City Council for lacking respect.
• the impatient driver in the minivan in the Target parking lot who honked at me to go when I didn’t have the right-of-way.
• local gas stations for raising prices 41 cents in one day.
• the person who reads the newspaper every day without actually ever paying for one.
• the school corporation that didn’t have a 2-hour delay when it was 6 below zero.
• the school corporation for not delaying schools when all the surrounding schools did because of below-zero temperatures.
• the paper carrier on the north side that sets own time to deliver papers.
• employees who park in handicapped parking places.
• elected officials for allowing gas-price gouging.
• The Republic for not delivering our Monday paper on County Road 550 North, even after they promised they would.
• the trailer court that doesn’t keep the streets cleaned off, causing people to slide off and get stuck.
• the school corporation employee with an inappropriate facial piercing.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.