Follow The Republic:
• Debbie and Harold Sims for making sure our dogs were rounded up on Friday afternoon.
• J.R. Fletcher at Fletcher Chrysler in Franklin for all your help and generosity in our time of need when our car broke down, from Daren and Patty.
• Schmitt basketball coaches Scott Wilson and Zach Purtlebaugh for your time and dedication coaching basketball and teaching our boys to be well-rounded young men, from Schmitt Rockets parents.
• Carino’s for donating bread for our speech meet, from the Columbus East High School speech team.
• Richards Elementary boys basketball coach Barry Turnbow for a great season and for winning the second consecutive Elementary Basketball League Championship, from proud Richards Raiders parents.
• the city cleanup crew for picking up our brush and tree debris so quickly, from Jim on Central.
• Tony Roberts for the courage to write a book about struggles with mental illness, from Eric Riddle.
• Northside seventh-grade girls basketball coaches Williams and Benner for an undefeated season and winning the Tri County Tourney.
• the nice lady at the information desk at the hospital for relaying my message to the valet parking staff, from Alice Purtlebaugh.
• Dr. Brester in Brown County for getting up at 3:30 a.m. to help deliver some puppies, from Staci Hoover.
• Third-grade class at Rockcreek School for the great program on the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. and Riley Carothers for playing her guitar and singing, from Mamaw and Papaw.
• Onions to…
• people who complain when Columbus gas stations do not have the lowest gas prices in the country.
• disgusting amounts of fast-food trash on city streets and sidewalks uncovered by the melting snow.
• city for not cleaning up the pine cones that blow into neighbors’ yards and sewer drains across from the golf course.
• driver of the gray Buick that cut in line at the Northside pickup line.
• law enforcement officer who does not follow the drop-off procedure at Southside.
• newspaper carrier on Deaver Road who either does not leave a paper or leaves it to blow into the parking lot next door.
• utility company for horrendous bills.
• driver of the radio station vehicle who took a handicapped parking space at a local high school game from a handicapped couple in a legally tagged vehicle.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.