Follow The Republic:
Snow Removal Orchids to…
• whoever plowed the alley between 17th and 19th, Caldwell Place and Keller Avenue.
• Ted Campbell, from Virgie.
• Cory on Flintwood Drive, from grateful neighbors.
• Monica Morris, from
• Carol Webb.
• Frank Reed, from
• Joyce Piercefield.
• Orchids to…
• Southside Elementary
• for being a co-champion and
• an excellent host of the
• Elementary Bowl.
• Aunt Dorothy who helped me when I became ill, from Pam.
• the director of nursing at Four Seasons and transportation coordinator Denise Hill for making sure I was transported to the hospital when my daughter went into emergency care, from
• Mary Fenske.
• the Browns for the beautiful flower arrangement, from Marilyn.
• Gary Reynolds for a fantastic letter to the editor.
• Sterling Garage Door serviceman Jesse for excellent service for installing our new garage doors, from a grateful customer.
• Nancy at Arby’s for the awesome service you always give your customers and the help you give the people you manage,
• from Steve.
• Britney and Renne at Kmart for their patience in helping me retrieve my reward points, from Marilyn Cheek.
• my children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren and all my friends for my surprise birthday party and all the birthday wishes, gifts and cards, from
• Barbara Herold.
• the Rev. Anne Marshall of Fairlawn Presbyterian Church for emailing prayers and her sermon to her parishioners on Sunday when we had to close church, from Wilma Doup.
• Brad and Cindy for taking my dog out for me in the cold weather, from your grateful neighbor.
• the agency responsible for putting the brine on 25th Street between the city limits and the junction, from a happy city resident.
• Brandon, Trans Care van driver, for showing genuine
• care for the patient, families
• and his job.
• The Republic carrier in Parkside for bringing the paper all the way up to the door, from Linda Pruitt.
• the substitute Republic carrier who delivered our papers on Monday in the area of North Indianapolis Road.
• the anonymous person who bought our pizza Saturday night, from the older couple.
• Onions to…
• downtown employees who park in parking spaces of other businesses, making it hard for customers to get there.
• yogurt shops that do not have sugar-free items for diabetics.
• contractors who charge
• too much.
• people who run red lights.
• the restaurant that gave me steak that was unsatisfactory and never gave me a refund.
• calling places to help you with fraud, and instead of helping they ask what you want them to do about it.
• city officials for hiring a lawyer twice as expensive as the one the City Council was criticized for.
• the leaders of our community.
• the driver of maroon SUV that ran the stop sign Monday morning at Sunset Drive and Washington Street without hitting the brakes.
• the store that would not honor the coupon book.
• the newspaper that published an Around Town comment in favor of the Daylight Saving time but refuses to print one in favor of the central time zone.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.