Follow The Republic:
• the 4-H Junior Leaders for spending an afternoon after school working in the sorting room, sorting and packing clothing at the Orphan Grain Train preparing for shipment to the mountain country of Kentucky.
• the students from Trinity Lutheran High School that spent a day at Orphan Grain Train volunteering, doing odd jobs and working in the sorting room.
• Randy at Bob Poynter for excellent service in replacing my left turn signal bulb and to my surprise did not even charge me, from a very satisfied customer.
• Studio Shag for the fantastic and awesome hair and makeup jobs on our Walkway to Wages & Wealth models, from Bartholomew County Financial Literacy Coalition.
• Grant Orso, Nick Courson and all Bob Poynter staff for exceptional customer service during and after the purchase of our new vehicle, from Mike and Brenda.
• Levi McQue and Andy Roberts for using their ingenuity and patience to help me move my shed, from Lindsay Morgeson.
• Wilma Lee for being the best Grandma in the world, from Brittney and family.
• Jeff Bray, Bianca Critzer, Carolyn Harper and Roxanna Browning for the beautiful flowers and kind words during my recovery, from Cathy Brummett.
• Donnie at Kroot’s for all your help with our 2014 Pop Tab Collection Contest, from Columbus East and North Key Clubs.
• Mary Ann Smith, grandmother, for always being there for me, from Kiley Scrogham.
• Preston and Connor Hensley for making the silver honor roll, from Mamie and Pappy Hensley.
• the county highway for repairing the large holes on Long Road.
• East baseball coaching staff and players for showing their support, from Coach Miller and family.
• Susan Sullivan for the great photos she took of myself and my family, from Leslie.
• Dr. Doug Wilson for his quick-witted letter to the editor, Tina Mickle.
• Loren, owner of Speedy Clean Laundromat, for changing the tire on a soggy Monday evening, from two grateful customers.
• Dennis McCarty for his enlightening and truthful column in Wednesday’s paper.
• the great young man and lady who helped me up after I had fallen in the Wendy’s entrance on Sunday, from Mary L. Fleetwood.
• State Trooper David Travis for helping the elderly gentleman at the west side McDonald’s parking lot, from Mike Miller.
• Voelz Body Shop for a fabulous job on repairing my blue Subaru, from an appreciative customer.
• George Albers for his letter to the editor, from someone who agrees with him, Sam Lawson.
• true political party loyalists who stay true to their party.
• Onions to…
• those who lose bags of garbage along State Road 11 and do not come back and pick them up.
• the driver of the silver van with a dispatcher sticker who was texting and driving.
• The Republic for giving a cat front-page coverage and putting the teen stabbing students on Page 8.
• the city for spending more money on cameras.
• deadbeat men who prey on naive, vulnerable women, use them for what they want and need, then discard them like trash.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.