Follow The Republic:
• Shiloh Baptist Church Choir for the wonderful performance with the Glory Bells on Sunday morning doing “In The Garden,” from Betty, Sharon and Jerry.
• Donald Lucas for the beautiful flowers, from Aunt Jean and Margie.
• Bobby, Zach and all the friendly employees at Lowe’s for a wonderful learning experience and field trip, from the prekindergarten classes at Smith Elementary School.
• Coach Shannon Burch for your time, dedication and a great season this year, from the Columbus North boys volleyball team.
• Hope Police Department for your willingness to go above and beyond to help us out Tuesday evening at Hope Summer Playground, from a softball mom.
• Sabrina Frasier for sharing your umbrella with another parent Wednesday morning.
• our son for cleaning our vinyl records and delivering them to us.
• Gary Scroggins for the Take Your Best Shot photo of the hot-air balloon.
• Columbus Regional Hospital 2 Tower nurses and doctors for the excellent care of Edith, from her family.
• Mike Jordan for plowing our garden, from Cliff, Lois and Brenda.
• whoever found and returned my identification card, from a grateful special needs adult.
• excellent paper carrier on South Beatty Street for going beyond your duties, from the older couple.
• Fire station personnel, paramedics, Kris and all the ER nurses, and Dr. Terrell for excellent care on Monday, from Judith Gordon.
• Ace Dry Cleaning for giving us the pants hangers, from Mary Fenske.
• wonderful person who paid for my coffee at Columbus Regional Hospital cafeteria Monday.
• Amber Owens and Tammy Miller for welcoming me home from the Honor Flight, from Elsie Herron.
• those who treat others with kindness, dignity and respect.
• Pam Wetzel for taking me to see my mother at the emergency room, from Rebecca Fenske.
• Chris Schwarz and his team for a great retreat, from St. Bartholomew eighth-grade students.
• Kindred Health Care Center for their care of Thelma Colleen Phillips.
• Onions to…
• the driver of the black truck that pulled in front of me out of the parking lot by O’Reilly on Tuesday, hit his brakes and made a rude hand gesture.
• the doctor’s office for seeing a patient and then not calling in their prescription for 48 hours when they were sick and in pain.
• city officials for poorly managing a city that for so long was well-managed.
• the fast-food restaurant that always runs out of Styrofoam cups.
• drivers who do not know the rules of the road when turning left in front of oncoming traffic.
• those who complain about where others park.
• the nursing home that is not taking good enough care of its residents.
• not reinstating Ben Wagner to his position as parks director.
• the city official who tries to micromanage everything.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.