Follow The Republic:
• Jim Hartsook for his letter identifying the real reason for the mayor’s vendetta against the head of Parks and Rec.
• Bob’s Custom Brushed Car Wash & Simonize Shop for doing a great job detailing our Honda, from the Coxes.
• John and crew at S&J Small Engines for repairing one of our mowers so we could get our lawn cut, from Richard Clark.
• the friendly couple who stopped last Saturday to see if they could help me change a flat tire on my van parked on Rocky Ford just east of Taylor, from John Boldt.
• the bank teller at Woodforest National Bank on State Road 46 for going above and beyond to help with my difficult transactions, from a happy customer.
• Samantha Harland on graduating middle school, from Dad.
• Swifty gas stations for great service since the 1980s, from Paula Rice.
• Ben Wagner for being a great parks director.
• Alexis Crabtree for making the honor roll, from D.C., dad.
• Claire Baker on graduation from Roncalli, from the Bakers.
• Robin and Julia at Mill Race Center for always doing a fine job keeping the place very clean and welcoming, from Jennie Ruach and the scrabble group.
• Natalie in lost-and-found at CRH and whoever found my ring and gave it to her, from Diane Mills.
• my neighbor Roy Holwager for coming to my rescue two times this week, from Linda Williamson.
• Onions to…
• people who complain about the increase of rail traffic.
• those in government whose policies encourage obesity.
• the church that has not sent anyone to help an elderly lady with yard work.
• the drivers on National Road who reported a driver for drunken driving on National Road who was not drunk.
• the city for not doing anything about cleaning up the median and removing the dead trees on Caldwell Place.
• the Republic carrier who rolls the papers up so tight it makes them impossible to read.
• the school sports website that is constantly bragging.
• the people in city subdivision who run a garage sale when neighbors do and without contributing to the cost of advertising.
• whoever decided that active duty military may not wear their uniforms and must transport themselves to the SALUTE! concert for veterans.
• the city leader.
• The Republic for the continued articles about the officer who won the election.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!