Follow The Republic:
• Hauser girls softball team for winning their sectional, from the Hauser lunch ladies.
• Jim Fleming, Gary Spiker, Al White and Asbury United Methodist Church for providing sound for the “Show Biz” buffet dinner theater, from the Lasting Impressions.
• Texas Roadhouse management for always being professional and very helpful, from a happy server.
• Brother Bob and Sister Alice Reeves for the swing set frame, from little Brantley.
• Bob and Priscilla Brown on their retirement, from the staff at Brown’s Antiques & Furniture Restoration.
• Rich Gold, Jim Leinhoop and Chuck Wilt for your intelligent and truthful letters regarding the way our city is being run, from a concerned voter.
• Mayor Kristen Brown for working tirelessly, despite adversity, to advance Columbus and bring us into compliance with Indiana laws.
• the Columbus Board of Public Works and Safety for allowing JCB NeighborFEST to return to the 300 block of Washington Street.
• Craig Fields for a good, logical letter regarding the gun madness, from Gary Hallum.
• JCB for a great NeighborFest.
• Eli and Blake for another awesome year of school and Keagan for receiving the Presidential Award and graduating sixth grade, from g-ma and poppy.
• the sandwich shop at 17th and Orinoco for the great beans and cornbread, from a grateful customer.
• Bud Herron for pointing out that Indiana’s gun laws are broken and do not serve the public.
• Bill Riley for his right-on letter, from Jim.
• the kind, honest lady who found my debit card and returned it to me in the Dollar Tree store.
• Jim Lienhoop, Richard Gold, Jim Hartsook and Chuck Wilt for their spot-on letters, from a former city employee.
• Hailey Kinser for passing to the first grade, from Grandma Bev Floyd and Meme Shumaker.
• Ronnie Smith for reaching flower pots for me and the employee who took them to my van, from Sandy Retz.
• the two gentlemen who pulled me out of the mud at Rockcreek School, from Catherin.
• the city council statement read by Jim Lienhoop at the Tuesday night meeting, from Karen.
• Mayor Kristen Brown for standing up for what is right and being honest.
• The Republic for the great column written by Ernie Pyle, from Tom Rust.
• Craig Fields for the right-on letter to the editor, from Sheila Deiwert.
• off-duty State Trooper Brian Meeks for stopping to see if we were OK on the side of the road, from Miss Larrison and Miss Bear.
• Onions to…
• liberals for wanting more gun control.
• the staffing company for cheating me out of work hours.
• the businessman who cheated employees out of pay.
• the city council for not doing the city’s business.
• whoever caused all the resignations from city offices and boards since 2012.
• bicyclists riding on Lowell Road during rush hour.
• the city for concrete bike busters in the middle of the People Trail on Jonathan Moore Pike.
• anyone who wants to spend tons of money on buildings and other things when there are hungry people and those losing their homes in Columbus.
• the city council that read the letter full of lies.
• the business that fired an employee for looking for a job with benefits.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.