Follow The Republic:
• Sheriff Mark Gorbett for using the Heimlich maneuver to help a choking man Sunday.
• the kidscommons board for the perfect selection of Ben Wagner as executive director.
• Ben Wagner for his grace under fire and on being appointed executive director of kidscommons.
• Kyle Whitis for winning five gold medals at the Tae Kwon Do Midwest Regional championship in Louisville, from Dad and Mom.
• Bruce Thomason for his letter to the editor on improving public gun policy.
• Madysen Garrett for making the eighth-grade honor roll at Central Middle School and Brayden Smith for making the honor roll at Parkside, from the whole family.
• Braden Rouse for the beautiful photo of the rainbow published in The Republic.
• the considerate paper carrier on Hillcrest Drive who places the paper on my porch every day.
• Justin and Kyle for helping me open up my swimming pool, from neighbor Carl.
• Onions to…
• The Republic for reporting opinions, not facts.
• the nail salons that don’t honor their appointments.
• removing the Redmond linden trees from around City Hall.
• anyone who thinks a bicycle does not have rights on the road just as a car has.
• excessive use of train whistles.
• the people who used air horns at graduation, making it impossible to hear the names being called.
• those who are rude to the handicapped.
• The Republic for not giving full-page graduation coverage to the smaller schools in the county.
• the people sitting behind us who talked to each other and on their phones through the entire graduation ceremony on Saturday.
• the city council member for attacking a valued city employee in a letter to the editor.
• the drivers of the black truck, red truck and white truck who all ran the red light at Second and State streets Monday morning.
• those who think assistance means forever free.
• The Republic for not printing a list of the high school graduates.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!