Follow The Republic:
• Jacob Taylor on winning a gold and silver medal at the Special Olympics State Track and Field competition, from Candy and Alan Hilderbrand.
• Lt. Matt Myers for his help in transporting children to St. Peter’s Lutheran vacation Bible school.
• Cody Rothrock for being a wonderful son, from Dad.
• Charlena at Mutt Tubs for my cute summer cut, from Zipper.
• 8-year-old Charles and his mother for paying for our supper Wednesday and Charles for the lovely note, from Betty and Jim Welch.
• Kroger service station for being willing to pump gas for those who are handicapped.
• Betty Johnson for her letter speaking out for all of us wanting to hold on to our independence, from Margaret Rominger.
• Roxie Garber and the Rev. Wendy Manley for helping with my birthday party, from Rebecca Fenske.
• Dr. Newton at Hope Veterinary Clinic for being so kind and caring with Shadow, from Stacy and Addison.
• Onions to…
• drivers who pull out of on-street parking spaces without checking to see if there are cars on the street alongside them.
• City Council for not having leadership skills.
• the business owner who does not take care of his members or most loyal employees.
• the front counter man at a tire shop who is rude to customers.
• the city for not adding the abandoned offices behind Burger King in Everroad Park to the blight control list.
• people who nitpick everything their neighbors do and never take time for self-examination.
• people who expect society to make life less difficult for them instead of adapting and solving problems on their own.
• drivers who never use their turn signals.
• the apartment building that has a tenant that gives it a bad name.
• gas stations on the west side of town that are 30 cents higher than elsewhere.
• The Republic for writing about other mayors.
• the driver of the yard company truck that sped up to run a light that was already red at the intersection of U.S. 31 and 25th Street.
• the driver of the white car for speeding every evening in a local subdivision close to the school.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!