Follow The Republic:
• the 2014 Columbus North Bull Dogs boys golf team and coach Doug Bieker on winning the IHSAA boys golf state championship. Michael VanDeventer, Christian Fairbanks, Nick Waskom, Ian Coffey and Zack Lee for a job well done. VanDeventer and Fairbanks on individual medalist honors. And VanDeventer as winner of the Fred A. Keesling Mental Attitude Award. A great day to be a Bull Dog. Jim Fazio, golf course architect, The Legends Golf Club, North Palm Beach, Florida.
• Stacey, Robert and Tyler Mann for the nice card and gift card, from Pete Gerbig.
• Larry West for all your work making my yard look so good and to Randy West Trucking for the great work, from Janet.
• Jim McCleery for moving the trailer for me, from Janet.
• Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department for helping keep bike riders safe during the 2014 Girlfriend Ride, from Turning Point Domestic Violence Services.
• Jodi, Valerie and Jennifer for always giving children a wonderful experience during story time at the library, from Shannon and Asa.
• Cummins Inc. for great corporate citizenship in hosting the Communitywide Recycling Day, and to the Columbus North boys golf team for winning the state championship, from Mickey Kim.
• Elizabeth Lowe for her excellent letter.
• Anna and Cody for helping at Elizabethtown Park, from the Young Marines.
• Columbus North Athletic Department and administration for supporting and promoting all Bull Dog student athletes, from an appreciative parent.
• the wonderful letters to the editor from Charles Doup and Jerry Horn.
• Chuck Doup for the excellent letter to the editor, stating what many people feel.
• Jerry Horn for the great letter to the editor.
• Dr. Karl J. McAleese for being the best doctor and improving my quality of life by 100 percent, from Joe Granecki.
• the committee members at Two Worlds Condominiums for the great barbecue Monday night, from a grateful resident.
• Brother Lewis Burton for opening his church during the recent drownings.
• Anna Allen for being the honor recruit and graduating into the Young Marines, from Mamaw and Papaw.
• Barb and George Lehman for being great friends and baby-sitting Arni and transporting us to and from the airport, from Herb and Bev.
• Elizabeth Lowe for the excellent letter to the editor about citizens’ gun control rights.
• the person who turned in my Verizon flip phone Wednesday at Kroger.
• Mark Slaton and Cummins for providing the recycling day at Cummins Engine Plant.
• the fantastic article about the abundance of mayoral choices in the next election.
• Terry, Kuni, and Jennifer Kusachi for giving Columbus 18 years of wonderful Japanese food at New Japan, from Dean and Suzanne Smith.
• Glenn Shinolt for taking the lawn trimmer and cutting the east side grass at the covered bridge, from your cousin Clifford Shinolt.
• Onions to…
• people who criticize the religious convictions of others in a nation founded on religious freedom.
• the people who scheduled 13- and 14-year-olds to play in the baseball tourney at Ceraland until almost midnight in 90-degree heat.
• the driver of the squad car for not stopping at 29th Street and Flintwood Drive, making a right turn onto State Road 46 without stopping, running a red light at Marr Road and 10th Street and turning left onto Wilson Street without using a signal.
• grown men who think it’s OK to drink and drive.
• people who don’t dispose of their chewing gum properly, causing people to get it stuck on their shoes.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.