Follow The Republic:
• the town of Hartsville, friends and family who came to show support and help, and everyone who made or donated items for the bake sale at the Benefit of Kindness, from Teresa.
• Charles Doup and Jerry Horn for their letters praising Mayor Brown.
• the Lapidus family and Neat Treats ice cream trucks for bringing joy to the neighborhood kids every summer, from the family on Caldwell Place.
• Gene Hack for your support, from Curtis.
• Mike Fields, uncle, for taking me and grandpa fishing at Sweetwater Lake Saturday night, from Mikael Brooks and dad.
• Roz at Village Pantry for pumping gas for me and for her cheerful smile.
• Logan at Sans Souci for helping me find a toaster, from a grateful customer.
• Heydan C. Moore for making the sixth-grade silver honor roll, from Grams.
• Onions to…
• the SUV that almost hit the lady in the wheelchair at Four Seasons.
• companies that don’t offer air conditioning to their workers.
• doctors’ offices that don’t answer the phone when it’s close to closing time.
• landlords who don’t trim bushes in alleys.
• anyone who believes 4,000 hogs won’t stink just as much as 8,000 would.
• cashiers that have no concept of change.
• letter writers who don’t know how to disagree without being disagreeable.
• the person who gave antifreeze to my dog and caused the dog to die.
• neighbors who don’t like the way others mow their grass.
• those who pick on people who feed the birds.
• whomever has been dumping the 20-plus beer cans on the road between county roads 600S and 650S every Saturday for about a month.
• the driver of the F-150 pick with advertising on the back window that ran the red light at Seventh and Central.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.