Follow The Republic:
• Grandma Michele and Grandma and Grandpa Fields for buying my ticket to Kentucky Speedway race for my birthday, from Mikael Brooks.
• Lorraine Smith for decades of service with the Human Rights Commission and tireless work making ours a welcoming community, from Mickey Kim.
• Steve Foley for being a
• great friend.
• Emma Alexander for being our 2014 Bartholomew County Fair Queen, from your Columbus East High Sschool cheer sisters.
• Aunt Ruby Scott for your support, from Connie.
• Pam Moore for her letter supporting those of us who have endured years of working without air conditioning, from Mark Fields.
• Crystal and Travis and kids from Memorial Baptist Church for painting two rooms in my house, from Betty Burton.
• Long John Silver’s for giving away fish and fries, from a Columbus resident.
• Dr. Richard Newton II and staff for taking care of my dental emergency, from Sharon Kelley.
• the honest drive-thru clerk at Captain D’s on Saturday afternoon.
• the men from the fire department who freed the two women who were stuck in the stalled elevator.
• Ron and Chris for delivering my new patio furniture Sunday afternoon, from Mary.
• Lindsay Asher for doing the bulletin every Sunday for Dove Ministries Church.
• all the wonderful people that helped at the fire; and Amanda, firefighters, police officers for your support and concern, from Beverly Hudson.
• Onions to…
• people who think all postal employees are spoiled with
• air conditioning.
• for printing the lopsided, skewed and untruthful article about The Commons.
• those responsible for replacing culverts but not finishing them off with blacktop, making them as bad as potholes.
• the person who stole the hanging basket from the porch on Central Avenue.
• the judge who allowed same-sex marriage and those who participate and support such abominations.
• customers who think that the samples on carts or tables are all you can eat or drink when nobody is looking.
• those who think gay marriage should be legal and those who perform the ceremony.
• using up too much space in the paper on same-sex marriages.
• for allowing same-sex marriages in our county.
• not having a speed limit for motorcycles on 17th Street between National Road and Gladstone Avenue.
• the newspaper for publishing photos of same-sex marriages.
• politicians all over the state who are on the take for money and more money.
• the cable company for
• not offering the WWE channel
• just because they don’t have
• a computer.
• the governor and his
• party who spit upon the citizens
• of Indiana.
• the driver of the blue-gray van that ran the red light on Central on Saturday morning and then cut in and out of traffic.
• whoever turned over
• my flower urns and cement
• flower basket Friday night on Smith Street.
• the mail carrier in trailer court that left my bank statement mail in a vacant box for 10 months.
• having 30 mph speed limits in housing additions.
• those who criticize elected officials for serving God before serving the people.
• the company who says they are going to a third shift and never put you on third shift.
• the four boys who beat on a window at a residence that is for the elderly and handicapped at 3:30 a.m. and their parents for not teaching them better.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.