Follow The Republic:
• Grandma and Grandpa Fields, and Debbie and Bill Malone for taking me to the race at Kentucky Speedway, from Mikael Brooks.
• George, Karen and Karen Dutro for letting us use their chairs at Live on the Plaza, from the Crashers.
• the person that set my urns upright after someone turned them over, from the person on Smith Street.
• Harold from Lowe’s for going above and beyond for customer service, from the Kelleys.
• Sue for cutting down a tree and trimming the bushes, from Pam Burton.
• NTN Driveshaft for providing the residents of Columbus with the awesome Black Violin concert promoting music and creativity, from Columbus residents.
• Karen and Jim who came to my rescue at Centra when my tire went flat and to Karen for going home to get a pump to put air in my spare tire, from Rachel Mitchell.
• Jim Dunn and the staff of The Brick for the delicious hamburger and chili meal served at the Orphan Grain Train kick-off meeting in Jonesville last week.
• Carmen, Leah, Dillon and Rent-a-Center staff for always treating me like family not just a customer, from Bobbi Rodriguez.
• Ten-year-old Red Alert 04 girls fast-pitch softball team for placing first in the Columbus state tournament, from a proud grandma.
• Andy at Simply Pottery for returning my lost check, from Linda.
• the pharmacy tech at the Walgreen’s drive-thru on Beam Road for being patient with me.
• Lannie Knapp for fixing our air conditioner Sunday, from Mike and Pam Clement.
• everyone who helped us search for our dog in the Breckenridge Drive area, from Jeff and Sue Ann Stone.
• Marty H. for her tasty ham salad, from Brian.
• Onions to…
• organizers scheduling a fundraising bicycle ride throughout town at 9 p.m. when sunset is 9:15 p.m.
• people in north Columbus who are constantly letting off fireworks day and night, from someone who is extremely sick and in bed.
• American citizens who don’t stand up for what our country was founded on and want to do their own thing.
• the gas stations on the west side of town for excessively high gas prices.
• Arts Council for cramming the “Flamenco” sculpture on a street corner next to a stoplight pole and other metal poles, and not giving it room.
• people who like ham with their eggs, but hate hogs.
• tow-truck drivers who leave debris in the street after picking up wrecked vehicles.
• the city for not providing Columbus with a YMCA.
• anyone who thinks raising hogs is the only way to feed the population when it is all about profit.
• people who don’t tip delivery drivers, taxis drivers, waiters and waitresses and bartenders.
• supporters of same-sex marriages.
• newspaper that always gives priority to North sports over East by writing bigger stories about North.
• supervisors who will not allow an employee to take a day off.
• City Council for not having the abandoned gas station on Third Street on the list to be demolished.
• closed-minded community members who are against gay marriage.
• Group responsible for the ugly tree on the front lawn of City Hall.
• State Bureau of Motor Vehicles for closing the Hope License Branch.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.