Follow The Republic:
• the woman in the Midwest Computer Solutions car who purchased my breakfast in the McDonald’s drive-thru on National Road on Monday morning.
• Linda and her husband for rescuing and providing care to our runaway dog Scout, from Jane and Steve.
• Judy Wood for the cherry tomatoes, from Lily.
• Brock and Carrie for all your help in recent weeks, from Grandad and Gramma.
• the person who left the Christmas pictures of Brett in my door, from Linda Williamson.
• James Goddard for his help, from a friend.
• City Council for standing up for the citizens of Columbus who are Christians, from Joe.
• the Town of Edinburgh for another outstanding fireworks display this year, from Bill Rothrock.
• Matt, Jan and Nick Marlin for hosting a great celebration and awesome fireworks.
• Ray Barnhorst for his wonderful work in cleaning up the flower beds around the flags in the entrance to Presidential Parks, from Jim Roth.
• the person who cut the extremely tall thistles, the thorn tree and other brush hanging over the guardrail on the 17th Street bridge, from a lady who can now walk her dog over the bridge.
• Linda Croddy for her excellent letter to the editor.
• Sarah Andrews for a great open house celebration on the eve of the Fourth of July where we were also able to enjoy the fireworks at the airport, from family and friends.
• my neighbor for sticking up for her country and her beliefs, from Nick Blair.
• the nice lady who found Riga and returned her on Monday, from the Giffords.
• the Fair Board for having a free ride for the handicapped children.
• the county highway employee who mowed on County Roads 250W and 500N for doing a good job, from Don Strietelmeier
• Onions to…
• the dead tree “art” in the front lawn of City Hall.
• irresponsible adults playing with commercial-grade fireworks.
• past and present city and county officials for enthusiastically supporting the coming massive increase in daily train traffic from the very beginning of the federal approval process.
• gas stations in Columbus for gas prices higher than anywhere else.
• inconsiderate people that littered Ivy Tech and surrounding grounds with excessive trash during the fireworks, instead of disposing of it properly.
• the small grocery store with inadequate staffing and horribly slow service in the deli department.
• the county mowing crew on County Road 525S for only mowing about a foot of weeds along the road instead of all of them.
• the city officials who allow extra loud fireworks in residential areas.
• the elected officials who do not have the decency to resign for the good of the community.
• people who continue to bring their big dogs to the Farmers Market.
• the auto repair shop owner who disrespects employees and customers.
• law enforcement for not enforcing the no-fireworks-after-11 p.m. curfew Saturday evening and ignoring phone calls made to the station.
• The Republic for a torn front page.
• judges who sign papers without reading them.
• the city for wanting to borrow $200,000 to clean up the Golden Foundry site when we have already paid someone to do it.
• the town that allows residents to ride around on golf carts.
• the driver of the red truck for endangering lives by passing two farm trucks towing hay in the curve on County Road 800S.
• officials who allow fireworks to go on continually after the Fourth and for allowing fireworks stores to continue selling them.
• drivers and the city for complaining about the railroads.
• the big-box store that will not mark down plants and throws them away when all they need is water.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.