Follow The Republic:
• our great neighbor Annie for putting our papers on the porch over the weekend, from Jane and Bob.
• those who provided the awesome desserts and Nancy Banta and Josh Ollestad for serving at the Newbern United Methodist Church’s meal last Wednesday.
• the person(s) who found and turned in my daughter’s cellphone to Northside.
• Ed at Senior Center for all the hours you volunteer, from Granny.
• Kevin Meyer for his fabulous letter to the editor.
• Salvation Army for awesome vacation Bible school, from a friend.
• The Republic for the information in the sports section of the Tuesday paper about the game between the Indiana Fever and Chicago.
• Onions to…
• the poorly behaved student section at the soccer game and to the school administration who does nothing to correct the behavior.
• The Republic staff for allowing biased sports reporting to be published in the paper.
• for ignoring that hate crimes that took place in Columbus over the weekend.
• gas stations west of town with gas prices usually 20 cents over normal price in Columbus.
• gas stations in Columbus, gas is $3.17 in Evansville.
• law enforcement for sitting in a squad car instead of directing traffic at U.S. 31 and Washington when the light was out on Sept. 2 and traffic was backed up halfway to Interstate 65.
• fast-food drive thru that is anything but fast.
• grocery store with more than 20 checkouts and only four open on a busy Friday evening.
• big box store with dim lights that cause a safety hazard for employees and customers.
• business that said I had to work on Labor Day.
• customers who don’t realize that theft and damage to merchandise cause higher prices and can put smaller stores out of business.
• medical practice that does not answer phone calls from referring doctors or patients who are in pain.
• event that we paid extra money for early entry that we did not get and stood in the heat for an hour.
• athletics department and the newspaper for not putting freshman football team stats in the newspaper for two weeks.
• city for not fixing the roads.
• person who wants to change the zoning for all downtown.
• person who does the Around Town column.
• whoever took the dance floor away at the Hospice Concert.
• those who blame guns and vehicles for killing people when it’s the person shooting the gun and the driver of the vehicle who are to blame.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.