Follow The Republic:
• Hope First Baptist Church for the delicious back-to-school lunch, from Hope Elementary teachers.
• Don and his crew at D & D Trenching for a great job hooking up my water supply, from a grateful customer, JT.
• Bobbi and Lori for helping us with my yard work, from Curtis and Autumn.
• Columbus Area Arts Council for standing tall.
• Dee Sherman for the use of the umbrella on Saturday, from Bruce and Debbie.
• the Hartman family and the Cotton family for helping us with our yard, from the Sells.
• Trish for the donated food and her time in fixing breakfast Saturday and lunch Sunday at the American Legion Post on 25th Street, from Betty and J.B.
• John and Denise Ollestad for your service to the Newbern United Methodist Church.
• hardworking Duke Energy crew for restoring power to the Forest Park neighborhood over Labor Day weekend.
• Onions to…
• sports writer for biased reporting regarding the outcome of local soccer contests over the weekend.
• the utility company for reading a meter after just 22 days, making next month’s reading an extra week more after the summer allowance is over.
• city for even considering spending $10 million on the Crump while the homeless and drug-addicted suffer.
• The Republic for lack of coverage before and after local AMVETS Post 509 recent second annual Fundraiser Golf Outing.
• ugly patchwork on city streets.
• paper carrier in northside trailer park for not putting the paper in the paper box.
• female teachers who do not follow the same modesty dress codes that the students have to follow.
• newspaper that picks and chooses which comments from the general public they will publish.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.