Follow The Republic:
REMC Management, especially Ernie Armstrong who facilitated our access for the use of the gigantic building and location at 806 Second St. for this year’s annual 40&8 and AMVETS Post 509 yard sale.
• Donna and Dave Richardson for doing a fantastic job in hosting the third annual brunch and pontoon ride, from the Schaefer Lake gang.
• Alan Retz and Tommi Stowers for mowing and taking care of my yard, from Mom/Grandma.
• East freshmen football parents and fans who cheered with and supported the cheerleaders at the game Monday night.
• Columbus Area Arts Council for the great show on Saturday, from Tim and Joanna.
• Pap Phelps for the fun night on Saturday, from Grandma and the kids.
• Jeff Cross for the computer, from Bernice and Lanny.
• Angie and Lakeesha for the bridal shower for Dani Bontrager, from appreciative guests.
• Denny’s Restaurant evening manager and waitress for their prompt, courteous service, for the delicious dinner and thoughtfulness fixing us a takeout, from Betty and JD.
• Eddie, Delano and Taylor for the wonderful birthday party on Saturday, from Lorrie/Mom.
• Jack Young for his patience and tutoring me in college Chemistry 1 and 2, from grateful student Barbara Hughes.
• Marvin Hamilton for the delicious blackberry cobbler and homemade ham salad, from Watts Family Dentistry.
• Laura Baker at the post office for the excellent job on Aug. 20, from a co-worker.
• Hoppy King and Tammy for rescuing Zoe, taking good care of her and returning her.
• Dr. Henry and staff for getting me in and helping me with my eyesight, from Monica Horton.
The Republic for vastly downsizing GOTCHA and for failing to post photos that were submitted weeks ago.
• anyone who wants to extend the downtown TIF district for the sole purpose of putting other people’s buildings in it.
• high ticket prices for the December AIDS fundraiser.
• school buses illegally carrying four children per seat.
• people who keep dogs chained up or in a kennel and not part of the family.
• those who consistently leave two young dogs outside alone for many hours of the day and night.
• people who don’t tip servers appropriately.
• unsightly homes on Pennsylvania Street.
• fast-food restaurant that sells lukewarm coffee at the drive-through window.
• The Republic for the burglary story on Page A1 and the Phyllis Diller story on Page A3 that both end mid-sentence.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!