Follow The Republic:
• Columbus City Council for having the leadership to pass the smoke-free workplace ordinance in Columbus, from Tobacco Awareness Action Team.
• Hotel Indigo for their generosity, from YES Cinema and LCNFC.
• Central's main office staff for their smiling faces and kind greetings and Christmas cheer, from happy parents.
• Dr. Svarczkopf at Indiana Heart Physicians for going above the call of duty and being so kind to us, from the Rowings.
• Mayor Brown and staff, Col. Richard Yeaton, Bartholomew County Veterans Color Guard,Â DAR members, American Legion Auxiliary, VFW Auxiliary, Young Marines, volunteers and contributors for making the Wreaths Across America ceremony bigger and better this year, from the officers of the Sons of the American Legion.
• Central student who brought the office staff Panera bread for Christmas, from the grateful staff.
• The wonderful kindergartners of CSA Lincoln for singing carols and bringing gifts to our residents at Booth Manor, from Lts. Alan and Jodi Sladek, Salvation Army.
• The very kind person at the westside Walmart who turned in the lost $20 Tuesday evening.
• Columbus Collision Center for being a great place to work, from Jason Moore.
• North freshman cheerleaders and coach Lori for making us feel welcome at Tuesday's game and cheering with us to support our community, from East freshman cheerleaders and Coach Lanell.
• Bill and Dottie Lambrecht for the wonderful peanut brittle and toffee bars, from Brian Niedbalski.
• Dewey at the Dollar Tree for showing the true meaning of Christmas when you put in the extra money that I was short on my purchase, from a grateful customer.
• Judy for the get-together, good food, good talk and lots of laughter, from the girls.
• Everyone who made the "Nutcracker" a success, from Dancers Studio.
• Carla Shoemaker for being a wonderful secret pal, from Candy Zink.
• The lady and her daughter in the white car who brought Starbucks hot chocolate to the crossing guards on Fairlawn Drive, from Connie.
• Ron and Cheryl Fiesbeck for the beautiful Christmas tree and friendship, from Dorothy and Arthur Winkler.
• Whoever put my mailbox up after someone knocked it over Saturday night on Carr Hill Road.
• Columbus Young Marines for Logan's wreath and ceremony, from the Thompsons.
• Nowelle at Studio 1492 for doing a wonderful job on Coltan's pictures and being so patient, from Trisha.
• Jacklynn for bringing Allorah to Ashlynn's Chuck E Cheese party on her day off Sunday, from Doug and the family.
• The Republic for returning Sharon Randall's column.
• Sydell Gant for the production of the children's program at the World of Pentecost.
• Dr. Newton for getting me in and fixing my broken tooth on Monday, from Pam Walter.
• Onions to
• Schools that did not lower their flags to half-staff through Tuesday.Â
• People who receive deliveries by mistake and keep them for themselves or give them away to others.
• The guy who cut me off in an attempt to get his McDonald's fix.
• Inconsiderate people who parked on the sidewalks for the basketball games Tuesday night.
• Fellow employees at a large company who think they are better than other co-workers.
• Construction company that has been taking up four parking space in downtown Columbus for over two months.
• Whoever stole the gift certificate that was meant for my grandson from the table at Texas Roadhouse on Saturday.
• Court system that does not recognize mental illness or chemical dependence.
• Employer that fired my husband after six years right before Christmas.
• Person who rigged the present giveaway at the Christmas party.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.