Follow The Republic:
• the Taylorsville business that wishes to stay anonymous for donating 400-plus toys to Taylorsville Crime Watch, and to Doug and Amy Mock for all their help in making this possible, from Taylorsville Crime Watch.
• Joann and Gene for a beautiful Sunday evening, from David Hines.
• the floral clerk at Jay C Food Stores for the fantastic job with the huge birthday balloon bouquet, from Carol.
• Sheri Lentz on your award, from Norma Smith.
• supporters of Mayor-elect Jim Lienhoop for their enthusiastic support of our community and quality leadership.
• to the letter writer for the well-written letter on the importance of education.
• the gentleman who paid for my dinner Wednesday at Sadie’s, from Jayne.
• Onions to…
• people who leave their keys in their unlocked cars.
• out-of-town cousins who borrow money to buy Christmas presents for their children but don’t keep their promise to repay you with their tax refund.
• the writer of the anti-gun letter who doesn’t realize more gun-control laws only serve to disarm law-abiding citizens, not criminals.
• landlords who charge an arm and a leg to rent downtown dumps.
• the County Council that wants to balance the budget on the backs of hardworking county employees who already are underpaid and are now being asked to sacrifice more.
• the Onions writer who thinks men create their own unhappiness.
• Columbus for giving better shelter to a pig than homeless people.
• the city for not fixing the traffic lights at U.S. 31 and Beam Road so they change when sensors detect someone has pulled up there, not for no reason at all.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.