The Republic Masthead

1 person taken to Columbus hospital after anhydrous ammonia leak


Follow The Republic:


COLUMBUS, Ind. — One person had to be taken to Columbus Regional Hospital following an anhydrous ammonia leak south of Taylorsville Monday night.

Dry conditions and a wind shift likely prevented a full-scale evacuation of nearby residents, police said.

Shortly before 9:30 p.m., the anhydrous ammonia was being applied as fertilizer to a farm field off County Road 500N, just east of U.S. 31. But the application suddenly stopped when Christopher Jarosz discovered a hose had burst on his tank, according to Bartholomew County Deputy Sheriff Maj. Todd Noblitt.

Please read Wednesday's Republic for more information.

Don't settle for a preview.
Subscribe today to see the full story!

  • Hybrid
  • $11/month
  • Sat / Sun Delivery
  • Sat / Sun Coupons
  • Weekend Magazines
  • Full Digital Access
  • E-Edition Access
  • Buy Now
  • Premium
  • $16/month
  • 7-Day Print Delivery
  • All coupons
  • Special Magazines
  • Full Digital Access
  • E-Edition Access
  • Buy Now
  • Digital Only
  • $11/month
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • Full Digital Access
  • E-Edition Access
  • Buy Now

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear. If your comments consistently or intentionally make this site a less civil and enjoyable place to be, your comments will be excluded from it.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.