Follow The Republic:
It appeared to many motorists that a local business was on fire early Wednesday evening in Taylorsville.
But the thick smoke that began rising at 6:30 p.m. at the site of the Dollar General Store on U.S. 31 North wasn’t coming from inside the business. It was coming from a car parked directly in front of the building.
An electrical short behind the dashboard of a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix was the likely cause of the vehicle fire, said Robert Drake, German Township assistant fire chief.
The driver, a German Township woman, was not injured and firefighters had everything under control in about 10 minutes, Drake said.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
Note: All comments left on our sites are first reviewed by an automated comment moderation system. Your comment may take up to 5 minutes to appear. If for any reason your comment can not be approved you will receive an email from this system with a detailed explanation.
All content copyright ©2013 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.