the republic logo

Columbus family escapes townhouse fire

Follow The Republic:

Thermal imaging equipment was used to determine the cause of an apartment fire at the Parkview Townhouses near Columbus East High School.

Investigators said faulty electrical wiring above the second-floor ceiling at 3338 Country Brook Street sparked the smoldering fire.

The tenant, Siva Rama Krsshnam Raju, his wife and two boys, ages 4 and 8, were not injured during the incident at 2:15 p.m. Sunday across from East Columbus Christian Church and Columbus Christian Academy.

While the ceilings of four upstairs rooms had to be pulled down, Columbus Fire Department spokesman Matt Noblitt said firefighters were able to bring the flames under control quickly.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.