COLUMBUS, Ind. — Trick-or-treat hours in Columbus will be 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31, according to the mayor’s office. Parents or guardians of trick-or-treaters should:
- Accompany them.
- Give them flashlights or glow sticks so they are visible to motorists.
- Make sure they go to only those homes that are familiar and that have outside lights turned on.
- Ensure they carefully cross the street.
- Prevent them from going into a home and make sure they stay on the porch.
- Inspect candy for tampering before allowing children to eat.
- Make sure masks do not obstruct their view.
- Make sure they wear comfortable shoes to prevent falls.
- Ensure costumes and decorations are made from flame-retardant materials.