Follow The Republic:
COLUMBUS, Ind. — Columbus firefighters responded to a house fire at 10:04 p.m. Monday in the 1900 block of Home Avenue.
Heavy smoke was coming from doors and windows.Firefighters said the homeowner and his dog had left the home after calling for help.
Firefighters searched the residence as crews working outside removed windows so that heat and dangerous gases were vented from the home. A positive pressure fan in the rear door of the home to remove toxic smoke.
Firefighters searching the home found the fire in the basement and extinguished it. Damages are estimated at $15,000. The fire remains under investigation.
For more on this story, see Wednesday's Republic.
Don't settle for a preview.
Subscribe today to see the full story!
All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.
All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.