Follow The Republic:
COLUMBUS, Ind. — A smoldering fire was discovered Wednesday night at Columbus North High School.
Assistant Principal John Green said second-shift custodians contacted him about 9 p.m. when they smelled something burning and were unable to determine what it was. Green called 911, and Columbus firefighters arrived a short time later.
The source was traced to an insulation-wrapped pipe in a crawl space, where a laborer earlier that day had been using a welding torch that firefighters believe sparked the smoldering fire.
Look for more information in Friday's Republic.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
Note: All comments left on our sites are first reviewed by an automated comment moderation system. Your comment may take up to 5 minutes to appear. If for any reason your comment can not be approved you will receive an email from this system with a detailed explanation.
All content copyright ©2013 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.