The Republic Masthead

Occupant suffers burn to hand in residence fire


Follow The Republic:


GRAMMER, Ind. — A fire that destroyed a house west of Grammer in southeast Bartholomew County early this morning was likely caused by an exploding liquid propane tank inside the residence, police said.  

Steven Kinser, who rented the home at 5225 South County Road, 900E, was awakened by his girlfriend, who said she first heard a loud boom and then discovered the fire that had erupted near the kitchen sink, according to Chief Deputy Maj. Todd Noblitt of the Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Department. 

While Kinser was unsuccessful in containing the blaze, he was taken to Columbus Regional Hospital with second-degree burns to his hand. His girlfriend was not injured. The rental property, owned by Columbus firefighter Tim Loyd, is considered a total loss, however.

Read more details in Friday's edition of The Republic.

Don't settle for a preview.
Subscribe today to see the full story!

  • Hybrid
  • $11/month
  • Sat / Sun Delivery
  • Sat / Sun Coupons
  • Weekend Magazines
  • Full Digital Access
  • E-Edition Access
  • Buy Now
  • Premium
  • $16/month
  • 7-Day Print Delivery
  • All coupons
  • Special Magazines
  • Full Digital Access
  • E-Edition Access
  • Buy Now
  • Digital Only
  • $11/month
  • -
  • -
  • -
  • Full Digital Access
  • E-Edition Access
  • Buy Now

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

All comments are moderated before posting. Your email address must be verified with Disqus in order for your comment to appear. If your comments consistently or intentionally make this site a less civil and enjoyable place to be, your comments will be excluded from it.
View our commenting guidelines and FAQ's here.

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.