Trade in your snow boots for galoshes this weekend as the weather changes from cold and snowy to warm and wet.
Temperatures are predicted to climb into the 60s today and Saturday before sliding again Sunday, but it’s going to be soggy. So if you’re looking for something to do indoors, here are a few family activities going on this weekend.
Tumble and roll
The Columbus Gymnastics Center, 405 Hope Ave., is offering open gym hours on Saturday.
- 11 a.m. to noon — Preschool open gym for ages 6 and under.
- 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. — Family open gym for all ages.
Admission is $3 per child, and parent supervision is required.
The children’s department at the Bartholomew County Library, 536 Fifth St., is hosting a morning of board games such as Candy Land for children ages 5 to 10 from 10 to 11 a.m. Saturday in the Red Room.
This is a free event.
Strum the invisible strings of the new Gateway Bridge Laser Harp at the kidscommons, 309 Washington St., and learn about the science of optics and music. Visit Indiana fish and aquatic life in the CreekLab Exhibit sponsored by the Clifty Creek/Haw Creek Watershed Project. Also, explore museum favorites, such as exploraHouse and bubble-ology. Admission is $6 per person; free for museum members.
Get a strike
The Columbus Bowling Center, 3010 State St., is offering open bowling from noon to 6 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Price is $3.50 per person per game; $2.50 for shoe rental. Come out late for Glow Bowl from 9 to 11 p.m. today and 7 to 11 p.m. Saturday.
Cost is $12 per person, which includes two hours of bowling and shoe rental.
YES Cinema, 328 Jackson St., is offering matinee and evening shows all weekend.
- “The African Queen” (PG) starring Humphrey Bogart and Katharine Hepburn. Showtimes: 8:01 p.m. Saturday; 3:01 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $5 for each show.
- “Hitchcock” (PG-13) starring Anthony Hopkins and Scarlett Johansson. Showtimes: 6:01 and 8:15 p.m. this evening; 3:30, 6:01, 8:15 p.m. Saturday; 3:30 and 6:01 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $6 for matinee and $7 for evening shows.
- “Taken 2” (PG-13) starring Liam Neeson and Maggie Grace. Showtimes: 5:30 and 7:45 p.m. this evening; 3:01 and 5:01 p.m. Saturday; 5:30 p.m. Sunday. Admission is $2 for matinee and $3 for evening shows.
The Hamilton Ice Center, 2501 Lincoln Park Drive, is offering public skate sessions 7 to 9 p.m. tonight and 2 to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday. Admission is $4 for adults; $3.50 for ages 17 and under. Price excludes $2 skate rental and concessions.