A smoke-filled residence resulted in the Wednesday morning closure of a five-block section of North Gladstone Avenue, across from Garland Brook Cemetery.
However, the house at 372 N. Gladstone Ave. was not damaged during the 8:29 a.m. incident, according to Columbus Public Safety spokesman Matt Myers. Rather than a fire, the smoke was caused by the self-cleaning feature of a kitchen oven that had been turned on and left unattended, Myers said.
Read more details in Thursday's Republic.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
All content copyright ©2013 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.