Property tax bills were mailed Tuesday, and the spring installment of 2014 property tax bills is due May 12.
The Bartholomew County Treasurer’s Office provided information about how to pay property tax bills:
- By mail: Send remittance to Bartholomew County Treasurer’s Office, Box 1986, Columbus, IN 47202. Must be postmarked by due date.
- Banks: Beginning April 28, take your statement to Centra Credit Union, First Financial Bank, German American, Jackson County Bank, MainSource Bank or Salin Bank to make the payment.
- 24-hour drop box: Located on Third Street side of the Governmental Office Building, 440 Third St. Envelopes are provided. Please include copy of statement.
- In person: Treasurer’s office is open 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Credit card: Instructions are on the back of statement or at bartholomew.in.gov. Credit card companies will assess a fee.
A minimum 5 percent penalty applies for any payments as many as 30 days late. After June 12, a 10 percent penalty will apply.
For more information, visit bartholomew.in.gov or call the treasurer’s office at 812-379-1530.