the republic logo

Victim in Indianapolis mobile home fire identified as 50-year-old woman who lived alone

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

INDIANAPOLIS — Authorities have identified a woman who was found dead after Indianapolis firefighters put out a fire at her home.

Fire Capt. Rita Reith (rite) said Saturday that the woman has been identified as 50-year-old Therese Hause.

Officials believe the fire was accidental and was caused by unattended smoking materials. Family members told investigators the woman lived alone.

The fire was reported about 4:15 a.m. Friday at a mobile home park on the city's east side.

Reith says crews were able to extinguish the blaze within about five minutes. She says a neighbor tried to get inside the home after the blaze broke out, but was turned back by the fire's heat.

Hause's death is the 16th in the Indianapolis Fire Department district this year.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.