the republic logo

Man dead after fire in Kansas City home that had no gas service, smoke detectors

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

KANSAS CITY, Missouri — A man has died after being pulled from a burning Kansas City home, and firefighters wonder if a lack of gas might have had something to do with the blaze.

The fire was reported around 5:30 p.m. Wednesday and is believed to have started in a back bedroom. The man was taken to an area hospital with smoke inhalation and possibly cardiac arrest, and later died.

Kansas City Fire Department Battalion Chief James Garrett says people sometimes do unconventional things to stay warm, and noted that there was no gas in the home.

Garrett says the home did not appear to have working smoke detectors.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.