the republic logo

Fire extinguished at Paramus assisted living home, some residents relocated

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

PARAMUS, New Jersey — A sprinkler system helped bring a fire quickly under control at an assisted living home in Paramus.

Fire official Kevin Sheehan tells The Record (http://bit.ly/1AvKTBy ) newspaper the fire broke out in a self-contained heating and air conditioning unit in a room at CareOne at The Cupola around 12:15 a.m. Thursday.

Sheehan says residents in one of the wings were relocated because of water damage.

One resident was taken to a hospital suffering from smoke inhalation.

Sheehan says the fire is under investigation, but appears to be accidental.


Information from: The Record (Woodland Park, New Jersey), http://www.northjersey.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2015 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2015 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.