the republic logo

Fire escapes chimney fire in Brookline

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

BROOKLINE, Vermont — Firefighters say a family has escaped injury from a chimney fire in their Brookline, Vermont, home.

Firefighters say the family's wood stove sparked a fire in the chimney Monday afternoon. They were celebrating their 1-year-old's birthday at the time.

The Brattleboro Reformer reports (http://bit.ly/1bI41RH) the chimney was destroyed and the house may have had some smoke damage.

NewBrook Fire and Rescue Chief Todd Lawley said chimney fires can be prevented by cleaning out wood stoves on a regular basis, preferably monthly.


Information from: Brattleboro Reformer, http://www.reformer.com/

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.