WICHITA, Kansas — Wichita fire officials say a space heater plugged into an extension cord is the likely cause of a fire that killed an elderly man.
A man in his 80s died in the house fire Sunday in east Wichita.
Fire investigators say the victim and his son tried to put the fire out by themselves before trying to leave the house. The son was able to escape.
This is the 11th fire death in Wichita this year. Last year, the city had five fire deaths.
Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!
Note: All comments left on our sites are first reviewed by an automated comment moderation system. Your comment may take up to 5 minutes to appear. If for any reason your comment can not be approved you will receive an email from this system with a detailed explanation.
Story copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.