the republic logo

Officials say a Baton Rouge woman accidentally set her house on fire after spraying expansion foam near her home's water heater

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana — Officials say a Baton Rouge woman accidentally set her house on fire after spraying expansion foam near her home's water heater.

The Advocate reports (http://bit.ly/1nxtOEg) the fire happened Tuesday evening. The Baton Rouge Fire Department says the woman was spraying the foam into cracks in a wall near the water heater when the foam ignited, starting the fire.

Fire spokesman Curt Monte says firefighters arrived at the home and quickly brought the fire under control.

Monte says the woman escaped uninjured but that the fire spread through the walls and into the home's attack, causing damage.


Information from: The Advocate, http://theadvocate.com

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2016 The Republic, a publication of AIM Media Indiana unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.