the republic logo

Oxford woman dies 2 days after mobile home fire; coroner says smoke inhalation is likely cause

bug
Share/Save/Bookmark

OXFORD, Alabama — Authorities say an Oxford woman has died two days after a fire in her mobile home.

Calhoun County Coroner Pat Brown said 63-year-old Terry Harris died Sunday morning at UAB Hospital.

Brown said the likely cause of death was smoke inhalation during the Friday morning fire in her mobile home.

Al.com reports (http://bit.ly/Zq5dol) that Harris and her husband Michael Harris were both injured in the blaze, and that he was also treated for smoke inhalation.

Assistant Fire Chief Ben Stewart said a firefighter and an EMT were also treated for smoke inhalation and cuts from broken glass.

Think your friends should see this? Share it with them!

Story copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Feedback, Corrections and Other Requests: AP welcomes feedback and comments from readers. Send an email to info@ap.org and it will be forwarded to the appropriate editor or reporter.


We also have more stories about:
(click the phrases to see a list)

Category:

Subjects:

Places:

 

Follow The Republic:

All content copyright ©2014 The Republic, a division of Home News Enterprises unless otherwise noted.
All rights reserved. Privacy policy.